Dr. Meriting Gladys Thokoane
Name: Meriting Gladys Thokoane
Country: South Africa
Phone: 0027 114884882
Education and training
Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS) from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg South Africa
Masters in Prosthodontics (MDent) with special interest in Maxillofacial Rehabilitation at University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg South Africa
Part-time member of staff in the Department of Paeds and Restorative, student clinical supervision.
Appointed full-time member of staff in Paeds and Restorative. Lectured to students in restorative clinical sessions and co-ordinated the techniques course for first year students
2004-2009Joined the Department of Prosthodontics as a member of the maxillofacial prosthetics division. Provided treatment for patients with head and neck defects; and was responsible for co-ordinating patient intake from ENT (head & neck clinic). Supervised fixed and removable prosthodontics clinical sessions, co-ordinated the fixed prosthodontics techniques course, and involved in developing a teaching aid (the iBook) for this course. Was introduced and trained in CAD/CAM (Cerec) dentistry.
Appointed as a Registrar in the department of Prosthodontics to study.
2014 – present
Appointed as consultant/specialist prosthodontist in the department of Oral rehabilitation at the University of the Witwatersrand
- ICP- International College of Prosthodontists
- ITI- International Team for Implantology
- ISMR- International Society for Maxillofacial rehabilitation
- APSA- Academy of Prosthodontics South Africa (EXCO member)
- Referee for the South African dental Association (SADA) for the SADA journal
- 2016: Thokoane MG. Head and neck cancer management: A hazardous profession? Presented at the International society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Belgrade, Serbia
- 2014: South African Dental association (SADA), Johannesburg South Africa The importance of preparation features for CAD/CAM restorations
- 2013: International Congress of Prosthodontists, Turin Italy The dynamic nature of treatment planning
- 2013: ITI Congress Southern Africa Extra-oral implants rescue a failed nasal prosthesis
- 2011: International workshop, Functional Head and Neck Reconstruction Nasal prostheses, Morningside South Africa